Be Strong

Know exactly what you want, expect greatness from yourself, work hard and be confident. Never believe all the negativity and mediocrity society feeds you. Take risks and be who you are- take the first step to constant self improvement. Engage your body and your mind, train your bones to be strong and everything in life will become simpler. Every small gain will make the world so much more purposeful and understandable. Work hard, be strong and do the best you can.

Tuesday 15 January 2013

A new Schedule

Yep, the last one is not working out. Not because its not giving gains, but because I am not able to devote that much time to it. Because of this, my leg raises and bridges were beginning to suffer. Also, the shortage of squats was sorely (or the lack of it) felt. Plus, I feel I absolutely have to add some calf and shin work.

So, I am going to drop dead-lifts out of my schedule. I don't think dead lifting will be the best thing for my spine at this point, plus I find that it frees up a lot of energy for other stuff. In any case, I am already doing bridges and ham glute raises, both of which seriously work the dead lifting muscles and patterns, and are my main exercises anyway. Yes, I know most people will weep at that statement, but if you can't dead lift due to a legitimate medical reason, bridges and Ham Glute Raises are the best replacement you could find. Plus they do a lot of things bridges just don't. 

With that out of my conscience, I also have decided to stop barbell squats and move on in the one leg squat progressions. I am going to keep the reps high and am going to start with uneven squats, as I can already squat half my body weight with the heels touching and with a full range of motion for 100 consecutive reps, without pausing. One leg squats drain the body less too. 

Anyway, here is the program-

Sun-
Standing Military Press- 3-5 sets of 5-15 reps
Bent Over Row- 3-5 Sets of 5-15 reps
Standing Military Straight Bar Curls- 2-3 sets of 5- 15 reps
One Leg Squat Progression- 3-4 Sets of 15-50 reps
Hanging Leg Raises- 2 Sets of 5-15 reps
Bridges- 2 sets of 7-20 reps
3 Sets of 15- Toe Raises and Standing Calf Raises Off a Block

Tues-
Push Ups And Pull Ups And Dips
Hanging Leg Raises- 2 Sets of 5-15 reps
Bridges- 2 sets of 7-20 reps
3 Sets of Ham Glute Raises Super setted with Grip Work
2 Sets Dumbbell Pull Overs
3 Sets of 15- Toe Raises and Standing Calf Raises Off a Block

Thurs-
Push Ups And Pull Ups And Dips
One Leg Squat Progression- 3-4 Sets of 15-50 reps
Hanging Leg Raises- 2 Sets of 5-15 reps
Bridges- 2 sets of 7-20 reps
 2 Sets Dumbbell Pull Overs
3 Sets of 15- Toe Raises and Standing Calf Raises Off a Block

The First two exercises of every day will, of course be the primary exercises, and they are still push ups and pull ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment