Be Strong

Know exactly what you want, expect greatness from yourself, work hard and be confident. Never believe all the negativity and mediocrity society feeds you. Take risks and be who you are- take the first step to constant self improvement. Engage your body and your mind, train your bones to be strong and everything in life will become simpler. Every small gain will make the world so much more purposeful and understandable. Work hard, be strong and do the best you can.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year Resolutions

I know! I Know! Most New Year Resolutions are never fulfilled, but what I am writing here have been my personal objectives for quite some time. I have already been working towards them, I just need to reach certain benchmarks. So here they are-
1. 3 One Arm Chin Ups On Each Arm-
I am already able to perform sets of 8 of uneven chin ups (see my post on the 1 arm chin up to see how I do them), and my grip strength is fully developed. I don't think I am too far from my first one arm chin, but doing it for reps is going to be a challenge.
2. Master the regulation perfect one arm push up-
I know its a hard one and may well be impossible in this year, but hey! You never know! I can already do medicine ball push ups in perfect form for sets of 15. The ordinary one arm push up is really easy, so why not shoot for the hardest there is!
3. Master the full bridge for sets of 20-
Very easily achievable, I could already do this before the accident and I am making fast gains in the bridge. I want to be conservative because I want the joints and the connective tissue to develop a lot of strength and I want full active flexibility to be restored to the spine. So I am gonna go real slow and juice every step. The real challenge is going to be holding back. I need to truly master full bridges.
4. Master the Pistol Squat For 40 reps per leg-
Again achievable, I could do sets of 10 with ease on each leg before. I can now do singles, but my strength is still returning.
5. Master the Ham Glute raise for sets of 10-
Should not be too hard, I can do 3-5 right now in perfect form.
6. Master the straight legged hanging leg raise for sets of 5-
I can do bent leg raises (quite close to straight actually) in perfect form for sets of 5. I am still having difficulty holding the top position for a full second on each and every rep. Bent knee raises were easy to master. My abs where really strong before the accident, though its the muscle that is taking the longest to recover. Some very gradual work is required here.
7. Master the Headstand pushup (or floor handstand push up) for sets of 20-
This is a dog I have been chasing for a long time. I feel it will be easier to build up to the one arm handstand push-up if there is a base of high reps at the basic level. By the end of next year, I want to perform full range handstand pushups for sets of 20. Then finally, 1 more year to master the floor one arm handstand (or the headstand) push up. It can't be that hard- because of the limited ROM it is at best a strict 1.5-1.6 times bodyweight military press. These numbers have been approached before, I just think people don't train overhead pressing that often or that vigorously anymore. I also think that with the regulation perfect one arm push up in the bag, the stabilization of the one arm handstand push up should become a breeze.
8. Master the straddle lever Pull for sets of 3-
I can already do sets of 8 of front lever pulls and hold a tuck lever for 15 seconds. I think it is a reasonable objective.
9. Get My meditation back on track-
I used to meditate a lot earlier. I want to meditate for 30mins everyday.
10. Finish My Certifications
11. Relax!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment