Be Strong

Know exactly what you want, expect greatness from yourself, work hard and be confident. Never believe all the negativity and mediocrity society feeds you. Take risks and be who you are- take the first step to constant self improvement. Engage your body and your mind, train your bones to be strong and everything in life will become simpler. Every small gain will make the world so much more purposeful and understandable. Work hard, be strong and do the best you can.

Friday 4 January 2013

New Schedule

Just took membership in the local gym, right next to my office. Not too bad, has a lot of barbells and weights, very few dumbells and a crap load of machines. There are machines in there I don't even know the name of! They also have parallel bars and a nice pull up bar- so I am all set! But there is no squat rack! I just hate that! So many weights and no squat rack!

Anyway, I have to come up with a new routine to fit my new resources. I am thinking of a three day a week schedule, looking something like this-
1. Tuesday- Workout At Local Gym
Warm up- Lat Pull Downs- 5 X 2 with a very light weight
Chest Press- 5 X 2 with a very light weight
Both exercises will be done rapidly in order to warm up the body.
3 work sets of Pull Ups and Push Ups, as follows-
Set 1- Wide Overhand Grip Pull ups, Close Push ups
Set 2- Medium Underhand Grip Pull ups, Close Push ups
Set 3- Close Underhand Grip Pull ups, Dips
1 set Body weight Squats as warm up
Ham Glute Raise- 3 Sets
Near max Snatch Grip Deadlift with a thick bar, with an extended hold at the top to work the grip- 2 reps
Finish with 2 sprints outside or jump for altitude

2. Thursday- Same workout as Tuesday

3. Sunday- Workout at Outdoor Gymnasium in the Army Stadium
Shadow Boxing As Warm up
5 Sets Standing Military Press- 5-15 reps (reduce sets as reps increase- min of 3 sets)
Performed in combination with
3-5 Sets of Bent Over Rows- 15-5 reps (ditto as press)
2 Sets of Standing Barbell Curls
1-2 Sets of Speed Squats- 20-100 reps

I will do one set of bridges every morning after having a bath. I will also do 3-5 sets of 5-15 leg raises every Monday and Friday Evening. 

I know that the quad stimulation is pretty low, but I think, considering the volume being used, it is justified. The hamstring work will take emphasis. My medium term objective is to hit the one arm chin up, so that will be my focus. Everything else will take a minor back seat. Pushing work will be kept balanced, to prevent things going out of proportion. 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment